Are you passionate about developing code/tools for automating all aspects of software deployments and infrastructure changes? Would you like to help us design and implement robust, scalable, secure, cloud-based infrastructure for Rails-based web services?
We are looking for a motivated and inquisitive DevOps engineer to join our development and test teams. This position will act as a primary focal point for all of our infrastructure operational needs. Whether the task is developing Chef cookbooks/recipes for managing new/existing services or building out a geo-redundant environment or instrumenting services for deep monitoring of various performance statistics, the candidate in this role is expected to tackle a wide range of DevOps challenges.
This role is crucial to our success and requires working closely with various engineering teams to create world-class products that are easy to scale, maintain, operate, and deploy. An ideal candidate will have a very strong operations background as well as some software development experience.
- Build and support AWS-based VPC infrastructures.
- Implement new Chef cookbooks/recipes (or custom scripts) for managing all of our environments
- Perform updates to deployed systems (new releases, security patches, etc)
- Improve existing systems and participate in the design and implementation of new systems
- Stay current in emerging cloud technologies, security best-practices, and ops/dev tool chains so to be able to provide timely recommendations that could benefit the team and/or our platform
- Monitor our production environment and resolve any potential issues that may arise
- At least threeyears of Linux systemadministration and networking experience
- At least three years of AWS experience
- At least two years of Chef experience
- At least one year of Ruby/Rails system administration experience
- Software developmentexperience in Ruby and SQL arerequired
- Operational experience with various cloud monitoring systems, ELK, Redis, Kinesis, and Sparkarea huge plus
- Data center experience is a plus.